“Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire." – Hebrews 12:28,29
In the “Truth Project” Del Tackett stated: “I’ve often thought, that if I really believe that when I went before God in prayer, that I was really walking into the Throne Room, and God was leaning forward with His arms out, and says, “Come closer! Let’s talk!” If I really believed that, I WOULDN’T HAVE TROUBLE PRAYING! I’D HAVE A HARD TIME LEAVING!”
Del’s thoughts are essentially what the writer of Hebrews is saying to his readers. We are not coming into a place that we are not warmly welcomed. We are not coming before a ruler that is ready to beat us down with his authority. We are not coming before a King who may someday be overthrown or lose His authority. We are coming before a holy, merciful and benevolent King, and we are receiving citizenship in His kingdom that will last forever! Wow! Kingdoms will rise and fall. Leaders will come and go, but our God will still maintain His throne and Kingdom forever! So, let us be THANKFUL! Let’s not hesitate to walk into the Throne Room. Let’s be confident that He is eager to meet with us and that He desires fellowship with us.
In Matthew 6, Jesus asks the question, “Why do you worry?” We get anxious about many things: food, clothing, housing, transportation, insurance, retirement, health, finances, jobs and relationships. Jesus points out that the birds of the air and the flowers of the field don’t worry, yet they have all they need and are gloriously arrayed in splendor. He’s really saying, “I want you to know my Father.” “He’s a great King!” “His Kingdom is awesome!” “He is so eager for you to get to know Him, and He is so eager to share His glory with you!” So, before you worry anymore, seek Him out! Find out what He would say is the right thing, in the right way, at the right time, for the right reason. He’s eager to show you! So, let us be THANKFUL for our King and that we are citizens of His Kingdom! When we enter that Throne Room of prayer, we are beginning to worship Him with acceptable awe and reverence. And, as we really get to know Him, we won’t have a hard time praying, we’ll have a hard time leaving! Wow! What a King! What a Kingdom!
- Give thanks to God for His awesome goodness, mercy and eternal power.
- Join our 6:00pm Thursday night prayer team (in prayer if not in person).
- Give thanks to God that He has given you citizenship in His eternal Kingdom through faith in Christ Jesus.
- Pray for the Good News families of the week: Kathleen Bauman (Grant), Bonnie Bitetti (Samantha, Dennis, Chris), Mike & Heidi Bitterman (Liz & Becka) – and Anna Diehl.
- Give thanks to God for His many blessings, benefits and provisions in your life.
- Give thanks to God for His eagerness to meet with you as you seek Him in prayer and worship.
- Join in with our Sunday prayer services to pray for God’s presence and blessing.
- Give thanks to God that He cares for you, even more than the flowers of the field and birds of the air.
- Attend “In Touch” Prayer meeting at GNCC at 10:30am or join in prayer at that time.
- Give thanks to God for the gift of your fellow-citizens in the Kingdom. Pray that we all may seek to have His will done above all, and that His authority will be honored supremely.
- Pray that our church will be A PEOPLE who have a hard time leaving the Throne Room.
Prayer Challenge: Let the knowledge of the eternal power, goodness, mercy and righteousness of the all-glorious and benevolent King of Kings inspire you to spend much time in His presence.