Isaiah 42:5-7 – This is what God the LORD says– he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it:
"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” This portion of the Declaration of Independence is perhaps one of the most well known phrases anywhere in the world. From the birth of our nation, we have valued the worth of every individual soul and the principles of freedom that save us (individually and collectively) from tyranny. This declaration recognizes that these “unalienable Rights” were the endowment of our “Creator” – we didn’t EVOLVE into this understanding! The teaching and influence of philosophies that deny Creation have had a damning effect on this nation that once believed in these things that were “self-evident.”
Since the mid 70’s, over 50 million legal abortions have occurred in the U.S. For those aborted babies there was no recognition of equality or unalienable Rights to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. Recent news reports declare that teen substance abuse is epidemic in the U.S. Young people have been sold lies and deceptions that have made them captives and slaves to drugs and alcohol. Other recent reports have stated that HIV AIDS is still epidemic in Washington, D.C. and, that the homosexual community is the primary arena in which it is spread. Our politicians turn blind eyes and deaf ears to these facts and statistics. They keep our young people in the dark regarding the deceptions and dangers of these risky activities. Not only do they not enlighten our youth, they work overtime to create laws that make it easier for them to participate in these high-risk behaviors and relationships.
Isaiah’s message from our Creator declares that He calls people in righteousness, takes them by the hand and helps them to do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time, for the right reason! Those who have been so called and helped by their Creator then become a light for the rest of society, to open blind eyes, bring liberty to those who have been deceived and captivated by the lies of the culture, and provide a light to a society that has been darkened in its understanding of righteousness and truth.
- Meet together with at least 1 or 2 other believers to enter the Throne Room of Grace.
- Join our 6:00pm Thursday night prayer team.
- Give thanks for the self-evident truths of Creation, the value of souls, and the rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.
- Pray for the Good News families of the week: Matt & Becky Hakes (Stevie, Lydia), Ben & Kate Logan (Caleigh), Bill & Linda Logan (Andrew, Mark, Meg).
- Thank God for His call to righteousness and for His help in guiding us into truth and purity.
- Pray that believers will be free to shine the light of God’s truth in ways that will allow the blinded eyes to see!
- Join in with our Sunday prayer services to pray for God’s presence and blessing.
- Pray that those who are captives to the deceptions and philosophies that lead to addictions, disease and bondage may be set free.
- Attend “In Touch” Prayer meeting at GNCC at 10:30am or join in prayer at that time.
- Pray for a revival of God’s righteousness in our nation; that a generation of national leaders will be raised up with a strong desire to do what is right in the eyes of the Lord!
- Pray that many will repent and turn from anything that is evil, wicked or unrighteous in the eyes of the Lord!
Prayer Challenge: Pray that God’s kingdom will come and His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Let’s confess our sin and ask God to deliver us from the evil that has gripped our nation. Invite His Truth and Righteousness to come and heal our land.