Exodus 20:14 – "You shall not commit adultery.
Proverbs 6:32 – But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself.
Matthew 5:27-30 – "You have heard that it was said, `Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
Matthew 22:35-38 – One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " `Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment.
The giving of oneself in the most intimate and vulnerable sexual embrace ought to take place in a union of complete and lifelong consecration of two people. That’s what marriage is! It is the public and personal dedication of a man and a woman to forsake all others and give themselves fully – body, mind and spirit – to the other. Therefore, to give someone our body without giving our total commitment and affection is to isolate the physical union from all the other types of unions which were intended to go along with it and make up the total union. C.S. Lewis communicated the following message: That’s why sex outside marriage is a monstrosity. Extramarital sex dissects us at our deepest level, giving out one part of us without giving all the rest intended to go with it. It’s not what we’re made for. Where did we get the idea that we can separate our bodies from our minds and spirits and that our bodies could do whatever they like without consequence for the rest of our being? This is why the sexual revolution has been such a dehumanizing failure, diminishing our God-given humanity in painful ways.
We cannot unite ourselves with someone sexually without connecting all the rest of our being. When we make those connections with others outside of marriage, we lack judgment and destroy what goes into a holy healthy relationship. Most cultures have experienced a subculture that is determined to separate sex from the establishment of love in marriage and family. As a result, our sense of sexual morality becomes confused, destructive, and hypocritical. Only within the relationship of marriage does the sexual embrace reflect the nature of the Trinity in creation. In holy and sacred practice, it is loving, permanent, exclusive, and self-giving. Premarital and extramarital sex can’t mirror this reality and it’s not surprising that research shows that faithful married couples enjoy the deepest levels of sexual satisfaction.
The Biblical commands and standards regarding sexual relations outside of marriage are clear. They are intended to guide us into a holy relationship with our Creator and into the fulfillment of God’s beautiful plan for sexual oneness. When we love God with all our heart, soul and mind, it is a natural and holy thing to reflect that commitment in giving our TOTAL SELF to a life-long marriage with a member of the oppoisite sex. Then, we are free to give our body, mind and spirit (not just our bodies) to a union that is sacred and precious for life!
- Meet together with at least 1 or 2 other believers to enter the Throne Room of Grace.
- Join our 6:00pm Thursday night prayer team.
- Love God with all your heart, with all of your mind, and with all your soul. Give yourself completely to Him!
- Pray for the Good News families of the week: Paul & Karen Rose (Cora, Paul, Shayne), Dennis & Sherry Smith, Bob & Alison St.James (Matt, Kelly, Nate).
- Thank God for His moral laws that promote sexual purity and guide us into wholesome oneness and unity.
- Pray for a revival that sets men and women free to follow the Spirit into sexual and moral purity.
- Join in with our Sunday prayer services to pray for God’s presence and blessing.
- Ask God to strengthen your refusal to be influenced by the world’s models of sexual relations.
- Attend “In Touch” Prayer meeting at GNCC at 10:30am or join in prayer at that time.
- Pray that men and women may clearly see that sexual relations must not be separated from the intimacy of marriage.
- Ask God to help you stand against the monsters in our society created by premarital and extramarital sexual relations.
Prayer Challenge: Recognize that our bodies are a sacred creation and that God made us male and female so that we might glorify Him through sexual intimacy, mutual joy and procreation with our spouse. Cherish the gift of sexuality as one given so that we might love another, not just for our own pleasure. Establish God’s Word as your standard for sexual relationship, and do not let the influence of the world pervert or corrupt God’s plan and purpose. Say no to the sinful nature and yes to the Spirit!