Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” – Galatians 5:1,13,14
In Christ, we have obtained freedom from the rule of sin and Satan in our lives. He has set us free from the burden and guilt of sin by His atoning sacrifice. The Lord Jesus Christ did battle with the powers that once ruled over us, and He conquered that beast. We are free from the tyranny that compelled us to act in ways that were wrong and sinful. Now we have a constitution of liberty that declares us to be new creations that are free to do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time, for the right reason! Nothing can stop us! Nothing, that is… unless we choose to become entangled with the old way of living again. Paul warns us not to go back there!
A world of tyranny and diminished freedom creates many laws and restrictions – loads of bureaucracy and red tape that subject people to the tyrant. But, in Christ, we have received a government of freedom. Freedom is love expressing itself in service to others. It is not a license to do what once convicted us. It is not liberty from feeling guilty when we do wrong. It is the empowerment to freely love others by desiring the same good for them that we do for ourselves. It is the empowerment to freely invest in others for their good and for the glory of God. This is the pure expression of liberty and it is the greatest guardian of it. When we are no longer free to do good (the right thing, in the right way, at the right time, for the right reason) – all the time – we are no longer free!
- Praise God for the liberty He gives us in Christ Jesus.
- Join our 6:00pm Thursday night prayer team (in prayer if not in person).
- Praise God for the gift of forgiveness of sin and deliverance from evil that He provides for us.
- Pray for the Good News families of the week: Allen Grandin (Junior), Melanie Grandin & fiancé – Jeff Porcelli (Amalia), Christina Greisch (Derek, Alisha)
- Confess the ways that you have allowed yourself to become entangled with former sins that Christ has forgiven you from and determine to guard your liberty in Christ.
- Ask God to help you guard your liberty with the new law of love.
- Join in with our Sunday prayer services to pray for God’s presence and blessing.
- Pray that others will see the life of liberty you possess in Christ and will also obtain freedom through faith in Him.
- Attend “In Touch” Prayer meeting at GNCC at 10:30am or join in prayer at that time.
- Pray that our church will be motivated by the Liberty that keeps us free to serve one another in holy love – remembering that serving others is serving God.
- Pray that we all will come to know the joy and fulfillment that comes from freely serving others with God’s Holy Love.
Prayer Challenge: Join with our Thursday night prayer team in desiring victorious joyful living for believers and salvation for unbelievers. Determine to exercise your freedom in Christ by investing yourself in someone else’s life, for their good and God’s glory.