John 16:7-15 – But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.
The TRUTH matters! TRUTH was the prominent theme of Jesus’ message. To testify to the TRUTH was the reason He came into the world, and everyone on the side of TRUTH listens to Him (John 18:37). In fact, Jesus claimed that He is the TRUTH (John 14:6) and, as the King of TRUTH, He taught that His kingdom is a kingdom of TRUTH. He declared that God’s Word is TRUTH (John 17:17) and that by it we are sanctified. It is the TRUTH that declares to us what sin is. It is TRUTH that defines righteousness, and it is TRUTH that is the standard by which we will be judged!
The Spirit of TRUTH emanates from God. His work will be done in the courtroom of belief and He will convict those who do not believe in Christ Jesus as being guilty of rejecting the TRUTH. He will convict the world for rejecting God’s standard of righteousness, and choosing to associate with the FALSE TRUTH CLAIMS of the devil. The Spirit of TRUTH will let the world know the TRUTH about the devil – he has been judged guilty of lying and is condemned, along with all others who reject the TRUTH of Jesus. So, we are extremely accountable for what we do with the TRUTH!
Jesus had much more TRUTH to share than His disciples could bear at the time. Sometimes the TRUTH hurts and we cannot bear it. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of TRUTH. He will measure it out to us and He will guide us into all TRUTH as we pay attention to His counsel. The Holy Spirit will unveil all that is false and will oppose every truth claim that sets itself in contradiction to the God’s TRUTH. He will be diligent and faithful to reveal the things of Christ to us – and that’s the TRUTH! How blessed we are to have been given the precious gift of the SPIRIT OF TRUTH!
- Meet together with at least 1 or 2 other believers to enter the Throne Room of Grace.
- Join our 6:00pm Thursday night prayer team.
- Give thanks for the gift of Holy Spirit who guides us into all truth.
- Pray for the Good News families of the week: Timothy & Kathy Dick (Thomas, Ava, Maybelle), Frank & Anna Diehl, Ruth Doolittle.
- Welcome the person and work of the Holy Spirit into your life. Invite Him to fill you with all Truth!
- Pray for God’s Kingdom of Truth to come, and for His will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
- Join in with our Sunday prayer services to pray for God’s presence and blessing.
- Pray for those who are being deceived by truth claims other than the Truth found in Jesus Christ. Pray that they will be led out of deception into the light of God’s Truth!
- Attend “In Touch” Prayer meeting at GNCC at 10:30am or join in prayer at that time.
- Pray that we all may faithfully and obediently walk in the light of Truth.
- Ask God to help you discern between falsehood and Truth and to be a beacon to those who are perishing because of deceptions!
Prayer Challenge: Thank God for gift of the Spirit of Truth. Identify yourself as one who loves the TRUTH, the whole TRUTH, and nothing but the TRUTH. Take advantage of the gifts God has given to effectively stand for TRUTH. That would be: prayer, His Holy Word, and the Spirit of Truth! Remember that the Spirit of Truth has been sent to clarify what is truly sinful and wrong, what is truly right, and that there will be a judgment based on the TRUTH!