Hebrews 13:4 – Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
Ephesians 5:3 – But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.
1 Corinthians 7:2-7 – But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. I say this as a concession, not as a command. I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.
The Destroyer always takes what God created for good and perverts, corrupts and contaminates it for his evil purposes. Sexual perversions are the gift of God being spoiled and ruined. Gnosticism taught that spirit was good and flesh was bad, and sex was a matter of flesh therefore not good. But the Bible teaches us that our Creator formed us in flesh (male & female), directed us to procreate and called it VERY GOOD! The Bible gives a higher perspective of sex than any other religious view. Our sexuality is a sacred and precious GIFT OF GOD! That higher perspective demands that something this important must also be governed with more care and discipline. And so, we see God’s commands, decrees and precepts for our sexual conduct clearly outlined in His Word.
The Bible clearly teaches us that the marriage of a man and a woman is the basis for the fulfillment of God’s plan for sexual intimacy. This is the foundation for the unfolding of a gift that was intended to lead to union, procreation and family, and a living model of Christ and His church as both husband and wife are united to Him. God designed into this wonderful gift that it should also produce pleasure. This benefit of the GIFT can easily become the focal point of sex rather than one of the byproducts. The pursuit of pleasure for its own sake leads into hedonism and down a path that can pervert, corrupt and destroy this GIFT OF GOD. We would do well to remember that pleasure can result from doing wrong as well as from doing right! So we do not pursue pleasure for pleasure’s sake. It should properly be the result of doing the right thing, in the right way, at the right time, for the right reason! That sacred exercise of this Gift of God will keep it elevated beyond animal instinct. It will honor God, honor your spouse and produce mutual blessing and joy.
- Meet together with at least 1 or 2 other believers to enter the Throne Room of Grace.
- Join our 6:00pm Thursday night prayer team.
- Ask God to increase your understanding and appreciation of His design for marriage.
- Pray for the Good News families of the week: Pastor Dave & Cindy George (True, Buddy, Zach, Sunny, Bo, etc.), Allen Grandin (Junior), Christina Griesch (Derek, Alisha).
- If you are married, praise God for the sacred and precious gift of your spouse!
- Thank God for the gift of prayer. Go together to the House of Prayer!
- Join in with our Sunday prayer services to pray for God’s presence and blessing.
- Ask God to strengthen your refusal to be influenced by the world’s models of sexual relations.
- Attend “In Touch” Prayer meeting at GNCC at 10:30am or join in prayer at that time.
- Pray for a revival that honors God’s wonderful design and plan for marriage and sex.
- Ask God to help you guard and preserve this sacred gift for His glory and the joy of marriage!
Prayer Challenge: Recognize that our bodies are a sacred creation and that God made us male and female so that we might glorify Him through sexual intimacy, mutual joy and procreation with our spouse. Cherish the gift of sexuality. Establish God’s Word as your standard for sexual relationship, and do not let the influence of the world pervert or corrupt God’s plan and purpose.