I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together..
I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. – Psalm 34:1-8
Can you imagine attending an awe-inspiring performance by a master musician where no one responded with heartfelt appreciation and amazement at the conclusion? Can you imagine an unenthusiastic audience at the end of a song rendered by young Jackie Avancho? Would not such an audience be withholding the praise that is due to these artists? Yet, that is what so many of us do day after day. We behold the wonder and awe-inspiring work of God’s hands, with little or no enthusiastic responses of praise and adoration. If we would glorify the Lord we would be found enthusiastically rejoicing in God’s manifestation of His beauty and excellency!
Have you ever applauded God, with a dropped jaw, for a sunrise or sunset? Do you find yourself praising Him in awe and wonder as you observe new life springing from the earth or from the womb? Are you breathless at the manifestation of beauty God displays in His holiness? Do you rejoice in the truth and righteousness of God, that is so powerfully displayed against all that is false and wrong? Are you able to celebrate the miracle of God’s transforming power in the life of a sinner who turns to Him in faith? Do you find pleasure in the glory of God. If not, I must wonder if you’ve ever tasted and seen that the Lord is good… I mean really, really GOOD!
This new year is also our new opportunity to actively praise, celebrate and honor God. He delights in our pleasure of Him. When we demonstrate, in word and act, that we truly appreciate the beauty and excellency that He has revealed of Himself, God is glorified! Believers, let’s band together in the new year ahead and bless the Lord with all that is within us. Come, glorify the Lord with me! Let US exalt His name TOGETHER!
- Meet together with at least 1 or 2 others, with the intention of enthusiastic appreciation of God’s nature and handiwork.
- Join our 6:00pm Thursday night prayer team (in prayer if not in person).
- Take time to bless God today by telling someone how great He’s been to you.
- Pray for the Good News families of the week: Pastor Dave & Cindy, Allen Grandin, Christina Greisch (Derek, Alisha)
- Pray also for: Bill Logan (Strong Hospital), Ben Vandermark (Binghamton Hospital), Laura Mohr (foot surgery recovery)
- Praise God for answered prayers and deliverance from fears.
- Bless God today by joining with other believers to exalt His name together.
- Join in with our Sunday prayer services to pray for God’s presence and blessing.
- Lift holy hands with other believers to celebrate the goodness and mercy of God.
- Attend “In Touch” Prayer meeting at GNCC at 10:30am or join in prayer at that time.
- Join with at least one other person who is eager to seek the face of God and give Him the glory that He so rightly deserves.
- Don’t wait for rocks and mountains (or other hard hearts) to cry out; glorify God today, and let us exalt His name together!
Prayer Challenge: Remember that beholding the glory of God and actively appreciating it are two very different things. To glorify God, one must celebrate, (in prayer, in praise & worship, in service, in study and application of the Word, and in testimony) what God has revealed to us of His beauty and excellency.