We know that everything will work out in the end (because we've read the back of the Book!) So, if things aren't working out so well right now, take heart; it's not the end!
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and TEACHING THEM TO OBEY EVERYTHING I HAVE COMMANDED YOU. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." -Matt. 28:19-20
With all the problems in the world these days, and especially the spiritual condition of our beloved nation, it's easy to get discouraged and lose our peace and our joy! But when we think about the days ahead, may we be filled with anticipation and excitement about what God is going to do! We should certainly want to be part of it! Some believers may be disheartened by how our culture is deteriorating and moving away from its Christian roots. And not just the culture at large, but how individual families are hurting because of sin.:( But, this should shake us awake that the need for a godly witness is greater than ever before.
It also means that we absolutely cannot give up now.
You and I will stand before the Father one day and give an account for our lives. How tragic it would be to report that when people needed kindness, understanding, encouragement, love, correction and, ultimately the gospel, we weren't up to the task because we couldn't get out of our own way. Oh, how as believers our lives need to be in order so that we can have the greatest impact for His Kingdom Satan will try to tangle up Christians in various webs (he knows our weaknesses), causing us to be ineffective witnesses. Let's REMEMBER that we have Resurrection Power to overcome! Let's REMEMBER all the promises in God's Word!
Let's FORGET our past mistakes and move forward! Let's FORGET our past hurts and be healed! (We should definitely acknowledge past hurts and forgive; but not dwell here.) "But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall." -Mal.4:2
May people in our individual spheres of influence be inquisitive about the hope that lies within. Our confidence, joy and peace come from knowing God through His Word. May we recognize and make the most of every opportunity! May we reach our increasingly confused and often saddened culture with the good news of Christ's love, which is the source of great joy! :) ~Bonnie
"Patient in affliction, joyful in hope, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12
- Praise God for giving us GOOD NEWS that can meet the needs of every generation.
- Join our 6:00pm Thursday night prayer team (in prayer if not in person).
- Invite God to remind you that you have resurrection power at work when you pray.
- Pray for the Good News families of the week: Paul & Karen Rose (Cora, Paul, Shayne), Dennis & Sherry Smith, Bob & Alison St.James (Matt, Kelly, Nate).
- Remember God’s Word, meditate on His Promises, ask God to write them on your heart.
- Thank God for forgiving the past sin and failure of your life. Forget them and move forward!
- Join in with our Sunday prayer services to pray for God’s presence and blessing.
- Praise God that He heals our past hurts and griefs. Leave them behind and move forward!
- Attend “In Touch” Prayer meeting at GNCC at 10:30am or join in prayer at that time.
- Pray that our church will exude the confidence, joy and peace that comes from knowing God through His Word.
- Pray that we all will recognize and make the most of every opportunity in reaching our increasingly confused and often saddened culture with the Good News of Christ’s love.