Luke 2:52 – “Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.”
Shortly after Becky was born, I woke in the middle of the night with words from the Lord going through my mind. I shared them with Dave and he put them together in a poem. Here is a portion of it.
“Our Creator loves me so, He sent a child like you; to brighten up my every day and give me more to do.
He took a little part of dad and a little part of me; to make a brand new part of Him, eternal soul to be.”
Dear Lord, Thank You for the gift of our children. Thank You for the miracle that each one is and thank You that they are more precious and sacred in Your eyes than we can possible imagine. Thank You for the joy they brought as newborns and for all of the stages of growth and life that we have experienced together. At every age, as I look into their eyes may I see them as eternal souls. Guide me to live before them a life of honesty, trust, and obedience that allows your nature to be seen in me. May I so love and nurture them, that accepting You and abiding in You will be a quick and complete decision for them. Grant me love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self- control. Give me listening ears and praying lips to continually point them to You. Protect them from the lures of the world and all of the deceit it holds. Instead, may they fully embrace You and so begin to enjoy the kingdom of heaven here and now as well as in the future. In all decision-making I pray that they will seek You and counsel that represents you, and not lean on their own understanding. Thank You for the way they bless me when they honor their father, and for the even greater blessing when they take a stand for You. May they grow in wisdom and stature, and in favor with You and men.
“Children are the gift of God, entrusted to our care; to discipline to teach and love, together this life share.
Of all the titles one could have, I wouldn’t wish another; a special privilege? Yes, indeed! To be called a Mother!” J
- Meet together with at least 1 or 2 other believers to enter the Throne Room of Grace.
- Join our 6:00pm Thursday night prayer team.
- Give thanks for the miracle of each new life and potential represented in our children.
- Pray for the Good News families of the week: Brandon & Sandy Burtner (Elijah), Jacquie Compagnoni, Greg Conibear
- Ask God’s help in discharging the duties of training up the next generation in the way they should go.
- Pray especially for mothers, that they might be filled with wisdom, courage, strength and skill to effectively guide and discipline their children in this challenging world.
- Join in with our Sunday prayer services to pray for God’s presence and blessing.
- Pray for all the children in your sphere of influence and family, that they too may grow in wisdom, stature, favor with God and man.
- Attend “In Touch” Prayer meeting at GNCC at 10:30am or join in prayer at that time.
- Pray that we all may recognize how sacred and precious children are in the eyes of God.
- Ask God to help you bless children and lead them to Christ by the ways you interact in their lives!
Prayer Challenge: Pray for Mothers! Cherish the gift of children. Do nothing to hinder their coming to Christ. Help them find the Way, the Truth and the Life in every circumstance. And remember, that you too are a child of God – sacred and precious in His sight!